Sunday, May 5, 2019

She's Home!

After ALMOST another weather delay, I was up at 5:30 this morning to make the trip to pick up Miss Mesa.


Roads were slick for the first hour, but soon cleared up once we got to the Crowsnest Pass.
I sure do miss the mountains. I was born in northern BC, but have been in Alberta for the last 19 years.
As we traveled further south, the skies became blue and the higher the temperature rose. Once it got to 10 degrees we got out to stretch our legs and enjoy the warmth!

After 5ish hours we arrived at Shirley's place, and got to meet the new baby Eli. So cute! I already can't wait for him to grow up.
We visited her mares (it felt like meeting someone famous after seeing pictures all the time!) and I caught Mesa. Well, I don't know if it was excitement or lack of motion in my still numb finger, but I haltered her and promptly tied it the wrong way (insert eyeroll, Shirley was actually the one to correct my halter fastening around 4 or 5 years ago!). 
Luckily for Mesa (and me!), we were hauling one of her friends back to Alberta with us which helped immensely in her stress level.
Notice, the incorrectly tied halter! Blonde moment!

They both traveled GREAT. Even when we made stops there was no fuss in the trailer.
Tomorrow Mesa will be freeze branded with Shirley's brand, and her traveling partner will be off to her destination with her owner. For tonight they will get a feel for the Albertan air and fill their bellies.
Happy horses.


6 comments:

  1. Shirley gives them such a strong start that trailer hauling is much easier. I hauled Tumbleweed 30 minutes down the freeway to the vet, and he was like nothing happened. You’ve got a good one and she a rock solid foundation. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her babies are prepared like no other! One of the reasons I chose to purchase from Shirley. Thank you! Looking forward to keeping up with you and Tumbleweed. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that from start to finish there were no issues, especially with the roads! I know how tricky Alberta weather can be!
    A travelling buddy like Ice who has hauled many miles from her birthplace in Arizona was perfect for Mesa's first long trip.
    Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blessing Ice made the journey with her.

      Delete
  3. Happy to hear you had safe travels. Enjoy your new beautiful girl & please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I look forward to sharing our journey :)

      Delete

Please let me know if you have viewed and followed my blog, I am always looking for others to follow along with!